Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ensign peak.





This is one thing I need to write down, because I want to remember it forever.

I knew he was going to propose to me because we went ring shopping the same week, that and because he told me he was going to.

The ring I picked out was everything I've ever wanted. .72 carats of a D colored diamond and Si2 clarity. It's princess cut and set in a white gold square cathedral setting. It's worth $2,430, or very near to that amount. He told me to get what ever ring I wanted, no matter what the price. So when I went to Shane Co. I found exactly what I wanted, this ring. I also added a $650 channel set diamond wedding band, which brought the total to over $3,000 dollars. I later made him take it back. Even though I loved it and wanted it so so so much, it was just way too much. I could tell he was bitchy about it, even though he didn't say anything.

It took them two days to size and mount my ring. He wanted to wait until he asked my dad but I was impatient and wanted to wear the ring immediately. I decided I was going to buy him a ring that day too, because I have to lay claim to my man. So I went to Kohl's while he picked up my ring. But as soon as he called me and said he was heading home I started to drive towards the Shane Co. to pick up the ring he was eying the other day. 325.00 and a size 10 later I brought it home and showed it to him. He thought it was too much but I think I'm warranted to spend at least 1/10th of what he spent on me.

So he said he was going to propose that night, I made myself a little bit prettier via makeup. It didn't last long. We drove up to Ensign Peak. He took me to a mountain! What I thought was romantic, was actually evil and conniving, because if I said no he was going to push me off. Every girl on the way there stared him down. Behold the power of a ring. It must have been just a little bit earlier than 9 when we got there. It took us just a couple of minutes to hike the muddy trail up to the peak. We got to the top, I couldn't hide how winded I was anymore. The bottom of my pants were muddy and I was light headed and my heart hurt from the exercise. We stood there for a couple minutes enjoying the view and catching our breath. We kissed. A couple of times.

Then he looked at me and said something obviously pre-scripted, but completely adorable and nauseatingly sweet. I wish I could remember it word for word, but it was just last night so I'll do my best;

"When I think of the future, and when I picture myself, I see you with me. When I see myself 5 years from now as a rancher, I see you by my side."

I cried, of course. In fact I was bawling. I had a waterfall of tears cascading down my face. Now that I think about it, those lines were semi similar to something on Scrubs. That's OK, it was still breathtakingly sweet, and I love him more than ever. In fact, it's kind of funny to think about, because I bet he thinks they're completely original and he's the greatest poet ever. Ha ha, well he is.

OK, so after he said those sweet things to me and I was bawling my eyes out and stumbling around he got on one knee and said "Mandee, will you marry me?" and I said yes yes yes yes and stumbled towards him and knocked the ring out of his hands. I made him get up and kiss me and he put my magnificent wonderful ring on my finger.

I eventually stopped crying and he started texting people. We took a couple of pictures and then we walked down the mountain holding hands as much as we could. By the time he got to the bottom of the mountain he had 14 texts either congratulating him or asking him who he was. More of the former than the latter, but too much of the latter for the "close" friends he was telling.

So afterwards we were thinking of just going home and loving each other but we decided to go over to Timma tim tim's place. Josh bought taco bell and I rented Emperor's New Groove (greatest movie of all time) and everyone loved it but mostly just I loved it.

Then we came home and talked about our past. He came to the conclusion that we talked about our past because our futures were set together. I know it's really because I'm an overbearingly nosy person. He doesn't know that, though. So we will keep it that way.

So we fell asleep after being "bored" teehee. And once again I fell asleep happier than I've ever been. I always doubt I can become any happier, because I've never felt the level of happiness I do now. Just when I thought I had hit a plateau, I find out he can and will make me even happier than I was before. We're going to spend our lived together and have puppies and babies but first puppies. I love him and I can now finally let myself be vulnerable and get rid of this damn wall thats been stopping me from becoming emotionally close to anyone. I'm so glad that it was him that broke it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home